Canberra Drive EC is an upcoming Executive Condominium (EC) by CDL. This Canberra Drive EC site is bounded by Canberra Link, Canberra Land and an upcoming road of Canberra Drive and is right in front of the future MRT Canberra station, The land size is 310,000sqft and there is a total of 660 units of 2 to 5 bedroom types in 11 storeys blocks to cater to a variety of family needs. Canberra Drive EC has plenty of facilities to indulge in. Quality lifestyle brands. Connectivity via neighbouring MRT. Convenience of abundant amenities and recreational hotspots. Not merely wishful thinking, but the realisation of your dream home and beyond.
The new Canberra Drive EC is located right in between Sembawang Estate and Yishun Estate. Canberra Drive EC is next to new upcoming Canberra MRT Station which will be ready in 2019, and about 1.2 km away from Sembawang MRT Station, both serving the North South Line and Sembawang Bus Interchange which is located at the Town Centre.
New Canberra EC
New Canberra Executive Condominium is set to make history. This New Canberra EC development in Sembawang will be built using Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC), an advanced technology in construction.
Some 3,300 building modules will be used to build the yet unnamed EC and according to its developer City Developments Limited (CDL), this is likely the largest application of PPVC in a large-scale residential project in the world.
This also makes CDL the first developer in Asia to adopt PPVC for a large-scale residential development. The project comprises eight 10 to 12-storey blocks with an estimated 636 units.
By using PPVC method, prefabricated building modules are hoisted into position and assembled in similar way of building Lego blocks, translating to significantly higher productivity and construction quality.
In regards to this EC project, CDL Deputy Chairman Kwek Leng Joo said, “Productivity is expected to increase by more than 40 percent and will save some 55,000 man days, compared to using conventional construction methods.” Additionally, the project is expected to complete four months ahead of schedule.
CDL assured the building design and overall quality of construction will not be compromised as the stringent quality control in factories ensures uniform and superior quality of prefabricated components. Kwek added, “The extensive use of PPVC for this EC project is ideal due to its modularity of units which we have embraced from the design stage.” PPVC also enhances worksite safety as prefabrication of the building modules are done in factories, thus fewer workers are needed on site which in turn leads to fewer accidents and cleaner worksites.
CANBERRA DRIVE EC SPECIFICATION
ADDRESS: Canberra Drive
SITE AREA: 310,000 sqft
DEVELOPER: City Developments Ltd (CDL)
ALLOWABLE DEVELOPMENT: Residential (Executive Condominium)
TENURE: 99 years
T.O.P: Dec 2019
TOTAL NO. OF UNITS: 660 units
New Canberra Drive EC’s residents can experience fast and convenient commuting to City area and various parts of the island with this integrated public transportation system. It is approximately 21 minutes drive away from Orchard Shopping Belt. It will take around 24 minutes’ of driving to reach the Central Business District CBD, City Centre. Driver can also use Canberra Link which is just next to New Condo to access to the Seletar Expressway (SLE).
Canberra Drive EC Location Potential
For dining, shopping, entertainment and leisure facilities, New Canberra Drive EC residents can take a short walk down to Sembawang Shopping Centre where numerous retails and dining are located. There are several eateries located at the shophouses along Sembawang Road. New Canberra Drive EC has good amenities and is also near Chong Pang City, a neighbourhood cluster where its residents can get their groceries and basic necessities. Many shops such as mini-marts, clinics, beauty salons, etc. are located in Chong Pang City.
The established local schools that are within a short radius from New Canberra Drive EC, it includes Sembawang Primary School, Wellington Primary School, Chongfu Primary School, Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School, Canberra Primary School, Yishun Primary School, Endeavour Primary School, Xishan Primary School, Jiemin Primary School, Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School, Sembawang Secondary School, Northland Secondary School, Canberra Secondary School, Yishun Town Secondary School and Yishun Secondary School. New EC is also a short drive away from Yishun Junior College.
There is a park connector besides New Canberra Drive development which goes through the serene private residential estate to reach the Sembawang Park, which offers lush greenery in a laid back environment which New EC future residents can relax in. Sembawang Park is also a famous fishing spot and future residents can have a short and comfortable stroll or jog there.
Other nearby shopping marts include the Sun Plaza which is located at next to Sembawang Train Station and the Sembawang Mart which is located at 511 Canberra Road. Residents can also take a bus down to the Yishun Town Centre which in future will have a integrated hub comprising of retail, residential and bus interchange all under one roof. There will be more 300,000 square feet of retail space will provide numerous dining, shopping, leisure and entertainment facilities for New Canberra Drive EC’s future residents.
Why Buy Canberra EC?
- Convenience Of Transport – New Canberra Drive EC is right next to upcoming Canberra MRT which will be ready in 2019. Just 1 MRT stop away, there is also bus interchanges at Sembawang and Yishun MRT.
- Nearby Schools – This new ec in sembawang is nearby schools such as Wellington Primary School, Sembawang Primary School, Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School, Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School and elite primary school of the north, Chongfu Primary School.
- Near to Amenities – This New EC in Canberra Drive is one MRT stop away from Sun Plaza Shopping Centre and up and coming Northpoint City which hosts the largest retail mall up North Singapore
- Huge Potential Upside – With plenty of exciting developments – new Canberra MRT station, North-South Expressway, and the North Coast Innovation Corridor, Canberra Drive EC offers pretty good potential for capital appreciation, on top of the usual 25-30% upside for ECs.
- Northern Regional Hub – The northern region of Singapore will be transformed into an exciting business and innovation hub, according to URA’s latest Master Plan 2014. The planned Woodlands Regional Centre and North Coast Innovation Corridor will raise the future rental and investment value of Canberra Drive EC.
- Renowned Developer – City Developments Limited (CDL) is a well-known Singapore property developer with a remarkable track record and a hallmark of the highest quality in property development. Its previous EC project, Lush Acres, has been fully sold out.
Do register your interest now! Contact 6610-2011 to find out more updates on The Brownstone EC Floorplan!!!
*Other New EC Launch in 2015 is Wonderview EC, Criteria EC, Sol Acres Executive Condo, The Vales Executive Condo, Parc Life Executive Condo, The Amore Executive Condo and Westwood Residences Executive Condo.