The Interlace Condo, one of the largest and most ambitious residential developments in Singapore, presents a radically new approach to contemporary living in a tropical environment. It sits on an elevated 81,000-square metre, 99-year leasehold site bounded by Alexandra Road and the Ayer Rajah Expressway. With about 170,000 square metres of gross floor area, the development will provide 1,040 apartment units of varying sizes with extensive outdoor spaces and landscaping.
Designed by Ole Scheeren, Partner of the Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), The Interlace breaks away from the standard typology of residential developments in Singapore which comprises a cluster of isolated, vertical towers. Instead, the design for The Interlace explores a dramatically different approach to tropical living with an expansive and interconnected network of communal spaces with the natural environment. Thirty-one apartment blocks, each six stories tall, are stacked in a hexagonal arrangement to form eight large-scale courtyards. The interlocking blocks resemble a ‘vertical village’ with cascading sky gardens and both private and public roof terraces.
In developing the dramatic external form, we have also focused much attention on creating comfortable internal spaces. Our vision for the site is to build homes that will last through the generations and to define an address that the home owner identifies with. The name, The Interlace, reinforces the inter-connectivity between man and the space, community and natural environment surrounding him. Ole Scheeren has created a new postcard for Singapore.
The design capitalizes on the generous size of the site which stretches between Singapore’s Kent ridge, Telok Blangah Hill and Mount Faber Parks. The site for the complex is situated at the junction of Alexandra Road and Depot Road, bounded by the Ayer Rajah Expressway to the north. Connected with the Gillman Village, residents can enjoy nature trails and restaurants which are within walking distance.
Each of the eight courtyards have an individual landscaped identity defined within the heart of the project, forming various focal points and orienting devices for the surrounding residential blocks. The primary route through the project leads residents from the main entrance to the courtyards. The number of paths and pedestrian circulation is a response to the location and density of residents around each courtyard and core residence. Secondary footpaths connect residents to the most direct routes from the building entrances to and from their homes. A continuous loop which surrounds the site provides a 1KM running track and connects the courtyards to the activities around the edge of the site.
Amenities near The Interlace Condo
Numerous feeder bus services are available near The Interlace Condo. It is also just minutes ride to several schools, such as Queenstown Secondary School, MDIS, and Bukit Merah Secondary School.
Residents can head down to the nearby shopping malls like Anchorpoint or Queensway Shopping Centre for amenities such as supermarkets, restaurants, boutique shops, and more. In addition, it is a short drive to Mount Faber Park.
For vehicle owners, driving from The Interlace to either the business hub or the vibrant Orchard Road shopping district takes about 15 minutes, via Jalan Bukit Merah and Tanglin Road respectively.
Available Unit Types
- 2-Bedrooms (807 – 1,604 sqft)
- 3-Bedrooms (1,256 – 5,253 sqft)
- 4-Bedrooms (1,938 – 5,694 sqft)
- Penthouse (3,154 – 6,308 sqft)
- BBQ pits
- Fitness corner
- Function room
- Gymnasium room
- Jogging track
- Lap pool
Why Invest in The Interlace?
- Excellent Location: 8 minutes walk to Labrador Park Station on the Circle Line, minutes drive to CBD, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Vivocity, Sentosa, Integrated Resorts
- Envisaged to be the next “iconic landmark” postcard for Singapore due to its spectacular design by world renowned architect, OMA Rem Koohaas
- Rare huge land size of approximately 8 hectares
- Beautiful Panoramic Views: Surrounded by lush greenery from Nature Reserve Parks – Mount Faber Hill Park, Kent Ridge Park, Labrador Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, The South Ridges, HortPark and sea views
- Plenty of dining, shopping and entertainment nearby – Anchorpoint, Ikea, Vivocity, Harbourfront Shopping Centre, Queensway Shopping Centre, Depot Height Shopping Centre, Gillman Village, Rochester Park, Tanglin Village, Orchard Shopping Belt, Sentosa, Resorts World at Sentosa, Marina @ Keppel Bay, Keppel Club, Temasek Club, NTU Alumni Clubhouse @ One North, Sentosa Club, One Degree 15 Marina Club
- Strong demand due to limited supply of new full scale projects launched within the “nature reserve” region
- Strong rental potential due to its superb location – Proximity to One North, Fusionpolis, Biopolis, Mediapolis, Science Park I and II, NUS and CBD
- Reputable international and local education institutions close by – Fairfield Methodist (Pri & Sec), Crescent Girls’ School, Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), Anglo-Chinese JC, Singapore Polytechnic, National University of Singapore, University Town, MDIS Unicampus, ISS International School (High School), United World College, Tanglin Trust School, Global Indian International School, INSEAD, SP Jain Center of Management
Here’s why you should buy Singapore New Launch Property direct from the property developer.
- Buy at the lowest price direct from the property developer. Typically the price goes up in resale market.
- Save on buyer’s commission. No commission payable to agents as the developer pays!
- Choose your preferred unit. but you must act quickly as new condominiums in Singapore are usually snapped up like hot cakes! (For old condominiums, you can only choose from the few who put up their units for sale)
- You receive the property in brand new condition.
- Choose how to renovate or furnish your new home from scratch.
- Enjoy the full duration of the available leasehold from the time of moving in (for leasehold properties).
- Ideal if you do not need to stay or rent out immediately – the Temporary Occupation Permit / T.O.P required for moving in is typically at least 3 – 4 years away. If you are buying for investment, this will provide the 4 years holding time in which the Seller Stamp Duty applies if you sell within 4 years (for Singapore new properties purchased on and after 14 January 2011)
To know more about buying new launch property, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill up the “Register Your Interest” form.